» [Pic-8] JKS at Korean film festival in Beijing_20140827
by Sukkiekz Wed May 25, 2022 12:50 pm

» [Teaser] 2015 JANG KEUN SUK THE CRI SHOWⅢ
by Sukkiekz Fri Jan 16, 2015 1:22 am

» [Wallpapers] Lotte Duty Free Calendar December 2014
by Sukkiekz Thu Nov 20, 2014 9:29 am

» [article] JKS interview in ENTERTAINMENT SHANGHAI
by Sukkiekz Tue Sep 09, 2014 3:02 pm

» [article] Jang Keun Suk celebrated his birthday with eels in Shanghai, Teased eels to go on diet for Chuseok
by Sukkiekz Tue Sep 09, 2014 3:01 pm

» [News] Up close Making ‘Beautiful Man (Bel Ami)’ DVD Part 2 will be released on November 19th
by Sukkiekz Tue Sep 09, 2014 2:58 pm

» [Pic] The cover photo of a special magazine book about Korean drama
by Sukkiekz Tue Sep 09, 2014 2:57 pm

» [Teaser & edited pics] ‘AJ’ vol.4 magazine released on Sep. 11th
by Sukkiekz Tue Sep 09, 2014 2:56 pm

» [fan made] Happy Birthday to Jang Keun Suk from International Eels Around the World
by Sukkiekz Tue Sep 09, 2014 2:53 pm

» [fan-cam 3] ZIKZIN MAN in Shanghai_20140831
by Sukkiekz Tue Sep 09, 2014 2:51 pm

» [2014-09-05] Jang Keun Suk Weibo
by Sukkiekz Tue Sep 09, 2014 2:49 pm

» [2014-09-05] AsiaPrince_JKS twitter
by Sukkiekz Tue Sep 09, 2014 2:48 pm

Affiliates
Jang Geun Suk Wants to Start Over as a Genuine Actor With “Beautiful Man” Untitl13

You are not connected. Please login or register

Jang Geun Suk Wants to Start Over as a Genuine Actor With “Beautiful Man”

Currently0 users have thanked Sukkiekz for this post:
    Sukkiekz

Sukkiekz

Administrator
    Jang Geun Suk Wants to Start Over as a Genuine Actor With “Beautiful Man” EmptyPosts : 657
    Jang Geun Suk Wants to Start Over as a Genuine Actor With “Beautiful Man” Screen-Shot-2013-11-18-at-11.19.28-PM

On November 18, at the Imperial Palace Hotel in Gangnam, KBS held a press conference for the new Wednesday-Thursday drama, “Beautiful Man.”

Here Jang Geun Suk said, “When I first received a proposal for the role, I saw the original comic, and thought it would be a fun and challenging piece to participate in. As I’ve become more popular around Asia, it’s gotten harder to choose pieces. While just doing concerts and performances out-of-the-country, I thought I might be forgotten in Korea, so I decided on ‘Beautiful Man.’”

Jang Geun Suk is playing the role of Dokko Ma Te, a man who has a face that can change history and considered a national treasure. Through his relations with 10 different successful women, he learns some important life lessons, and we see him develop into a truly “beautiful man.”

The actor said, “Many people think Dokko Ma Te’s character matches me perfectly, and I think so too. But, since I have to put on ten different characters meeting ten different women, the acting isn’t exactly easy. I’m not afraid of failure, though. But I’m not obsessed with the thought that I have to make the drama succeed, either. If I was, I’d have to stay holed up in my house all the time.”

The actor continued, saying that he wants to experience playing many different characters, and to solidify his position as a genuine actor. “I thought that through this drama, I could turn my cons into my pros. The Jang Geun Suk that people know in Japan and China is outspoken and outgoing, but the me in Korea, as far as I know, is seen as sometimes over-the-top.”

He explained further that he thought a lot about how he might be able to come across as outspoken and outgoing while not being over-the-top, and that he thought Dokgo Ma Te’s character might be able to help him achieve that. “They call me Geun-chan in Japan and Jang Geun Shu Eo in China. But in Korea, my name doesn’t really have a presence. Through ‘Beautiful Man,’ I want to start over as a genuine actor.”

“Beautiful Man” is set to air on November 20 at 10pm (KST).

source - Soompi

Permissions in this forum:
    You cannot reply to topics in this forum